Opening: Strategic Sourcing Services Manager (SSS)
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
The Strategic Sourcing Services Manager (SSS) is an energetic customer facing professional who will review, coach, and monitor our customers’ adoption of LevaData strategic sourcing and market intelligence services in the growing cognitive procurement space. The SSS Manager works with selected customers serving as a trusted advisor for each customer in optimizing their strategic sourcing process via LevaData sourced market intelligence, cognitive procurement insights, and best practices.
The ideal candidate will be as passionate about applying insights gained from professional experience in driving strategic sourcing or commodity management strategies, negotiation insights, and optimal use of market intelligence to maximize the value realization of LevaData solutions. We expect our SSS Managers to leverage best practice, outside-in strategic thinking, who understand that wearing both the company and the customer hat equate to success for both.
We work hard to maintain our fast-paced, motivated, and well-balanced culture. As a rapidly growing company, opportunities for internal growth and career development are plentiful.
- Understand the global supply market for selected commodity groups and ensure that the customer sourcing strategy optimizes the use of LevaData solutions. Act as a trusted advisor, thought leader, and subject matter expert to customers and partners, both internally and externally. Lead executive quarterly business reviews.
- Assess macro and micro risks and opportunities within the customer target commodity group/supply chain and ensure alignment to broader supply chain goals.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of customer’s value realization opportunities, and steer program activities to align with those initiatives.
- Drive change programs to support strategy execution and to close capability gaps, ensuring opportunities for cost savings and risk mitigation are maximized.
- Analyze and monitor customer data to draw insights and optimizations with the goal of communicating those findings to the customers as well as adjust negotiation strategies for greater savings in future sourcing events.
Specific Hiring Characteristics/Targets:
- Demonstrates analytical thinking skills, creative and innovative mindset.
- Comfortable dealing with a global customer base and interacting in a multicultural environment.
- Proactive, positive, self-starter, and team player with a love of continually improving the processes around you.
- Ability to work in team-based, collaborative environment and passion for contributing to the creation of a world-class customer success function.
- Excellent presentation and meeting facilitation skills with both C-level executives and key user/ functional professionals at the customer.
- Demonstrable success in thinking strategically, executing tactically while providing consistent and high level customer satisfaction and retention in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship builder up and down management chain, from tactical to Sr. leadership
- PMO skills, able to manage projects and “push” where necessary
- Strong analytical skills; Ability to derive insights from commodity a product spend analysis
- Bachelor Degree required, MBA Degree and/or management consulting experience preferred.
- 8-10 years of purchasing experience as “Buyer” or “Commodity/Category Manager” or consulting experience in strategic sourcing, commodity management, or strategic procurement roles, particularly in Fortune 1000 enterprises in the high tech, industrial, and consumer products industries.
- Demonstrated experience successfully implementing change management strategies and techniques (some combination of business process re-engineering, project management, change management and/or IT systems implementation).
- Previous experience of cost model development is desirable
- CPSM or CIPS qualification preferred.
- Consulting experience preferred
- Change Management skills key to the role
- Digital Transformation
- Work with purpose – join us in transforming strategic sourcing and procurement with the adoption of latest technologies including AI, advanced analytics, and syndicated market intelligence
- Equity in an early stage startup
- Sunny & peaceful Sunnyvale offices
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
LevaData is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. LevaData is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.